Little Rock was established in 1820. The first Territorial capital was at Arkansas Post, but was moved to Little Rock in 1820. Little Rock soon became the main center of postal communication and for any period in the 19th century, there are more Little Rock covers extant than from any other post office.
This page presents covers mailed from Little Rock before September 1830 and after June 1832. See the seperate page that contains the Little Rock Shield Townmark used during this 9-1830 to 6-1832 period.
New Cover added: 2014-10-14 Little Rock 1829-04-07 Ark History Commission Refeld Family Papers